Almond Financial LTD is committed to ensuring that your privacy and data are protected, any information sent to us through our website forms and via email is secure. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
When you either i) call our team, ii) send us an enquiry about our services through our website contact forms, iii) send an enquiry or information directly via email, iv) send information that helps us fulfil our service, v) you’re sending a CV or v) you’re making us aware of services you provide, we may collect and retain the information you provide and some of your personal information in line with this policy.
In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
1.1 WHO ARE WE
We are Almond Financial LTD. Our registered trading address is Unit E1A, Ground Floor, The Point, Weaver Road, Lincoln, LN6 3QN. You can contact us by post, by email at [email protected] or by telephone on +44 (0)1522 581909.
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
1.2 WHAT WE COLLECT
The data we may collect and retain over time to help us fulfil our service is as follows:
- Name, and some personal information such as date of birth
- Contact information including email address, contact numbers, residential address, work address
- Partial financial and investment information
- IP address and web browser details following the use of our website
- Other information you voluntarily provide relevant to your enquiry or request (whether service related, or not)
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Almond Financial LTD, Unit E1A, Ground Floor, The Point, Weaver Road, Lincoln, LN6 3QN. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
1.3 WHY DO WE NEED THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For our own internal records, depending on the initial reason for contact so we can potentially follow up or get back to you at a later date.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, should you provide us with feedback or give us a request to update your website for you.
- With your consent, we may periodically send emails about industry news and legislation changes, any new services we may introduce, incentives, updates about our company or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information for our own research purposes, when reviewing our enquiries to get a better understanding of where we are being found and what types of people from within businesses contact us. In some instances, we may contact you using one of the contact details you have provided.
1.4 WHERE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS STORED
Where there’s a legitimate interest or legal requirement to hold personal information, it may be stored within business software supplied by a variety of trusted providers.
These providers are as follows, along with the reason why we use them:
- Microsoft – who we rely on for our emails, calendars, address books and file storage.
- Google Apps for business – where we often share our reports that sometimes uses personal information when reviewing.
- Voyant – who we use for cashflow modelling to deliver our service.
- Trigold- which is a mortgage sourcing software we use to delivery out service.
- Gradwell – who we use for our telephony services, who also have an address book for easy information access.
- iCloud – for personal address book storage on your financial advisors mobile phone.
- FE Analytics – which we use for investment analytics to help deliver our service and advice.
- Xero – which is the accounts service we use where your contact details are stored.
- Stripe – which we use for credit card payments
1.5 CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can leave unselected to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
1.6 RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where there is a legitimate business interest or for legal reasons, we will retain your personal information for a maximum of 5 years after our last contact. At that point it will be deleted from all our internal and third party records.
1.7 LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
2. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
2.1 WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Monitor your use on our website and gather analytics to help us improve your browsing experience
- Remember your preferences to personalise your visit
- Personalise our website and display information relevant to you
- Help us improve the usability of our website
2.3. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
The following section details which third party cookies you might encounter through this site.
2.3.1 Google Analytics
One of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
2.3.3 LinkedIn Insight Tag
We use the LinkedIn Insight Tag to track conversions, retarget website visitors, and unlock additional insights about members interacting with our LinkedIn adverts.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of metadata such as IP address information, timestamp, and events such as page views. All data is encrypted. The LinkedIn browser cookie is stored in a visitor’s browser until they delete the cookie or the cookie expires (there’s a rolling six-month expiration from the last time the visitor’s browser loaded the Insight Tag).
We use Facebook pixel to track conversions on our marketing campaigns.
The pixel is a small piece of code that allows Facebook to see what information is being viewed by users logged into their service. We can then use this information to provide relevant ads to users based on the content they were interested in.
3. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfil a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
Finally, in some circumstances you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
To submit a request regarding your personal data by email, post or telephone, please use the contact information provided above in the Who Are We section of this policy.
3.1 YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them.
Almond Financial LTD may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/08/2018.